The Kentucky Farm 2 School (KF2S) Curriculum is a series of eight units to teach high school students to:
- Recognize the sources of their foods.
- Explain the relationship of local production to improved food quality and nutrition.
- Understand the importance of thriving agricultural businesses to healthy communities.
- Identify the skills and knowledge individuals need to succeed in the farming industry.
- Increase consumption of locally produced food and agricultural products.
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Curriculum overview
- Kentucky core academic standards
- Curriculum matrix
- Planning guide
- Tips for delivery
- Evaluation tools
- Additional resources
- Lesson 1: Know Your Local Farmers and What They Do For You
- Lesson 2: The Grains of Your Community
- Lesson 3: Farm Fresh Veggies
- Lesson 4: Fruits From the Farm
- Lesson 5: Only a Little Oil Will Do!
- Lesson 6: Not Just Milk Alone
- Lesson 7: Powerful Protein
- Lesson 8: Wrapping It Up
University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service; Kentucky Department of Agriculture
Is this training Free?
Training Cost Value